Fannie Mae Careers
Internal Communication Specialist (Employee Engagement & Change Communications)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to creating internal company publications and communications that engage employees, educate and drive understanding of company priorities and key messages. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on significant employee communications challenges. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute communications to support the firm's key messages, strategic priorities and brand storytelling that excite, educate and build employee engagement. Plan, write, edit and craft messages from organizational updates, blogs, success stories and brand relevant journalism. Engage with creative services to deliver messages in high impact ways from video, to events, infographics to presentations, yammercasts to vlogs and across the communications mix.
- Manage internal communications for one or more business units. Develop and execute communication strategies to ensure that business areas meet goals and objectives. Collaborate with senior management and stakeholders.
- Provide counsel and act as project manager on message development and delivery.
- Lead collaboration with internal creative services partners to develop joint communication tactics.. Present insights and best practices. Identify economies to reduce expenses and save time.
- Report trends. Identify opportunities to improve communications based on content analysis, metrics, user feedback, and marketing research. Provide recommendations
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Contribute to and develop standards and procedures.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to translate complex business information to concise and simple messaging.
- Demonstrated experience writing internal communications a plus.
- Strong collaboration with the ability to proactively engage with various audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage projects or initiatives independently.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and assist with the creation and execution of comprehensive communications plans.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Public relations agency experience considered a plus.
- Knowledge of communications best practices.
- Work in digital and/or visual communications/marketing a plus.
- Understanding of large-scale event production, video production, or A/V a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55436