At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
The IT Audit Team Lead assists with planning, executing and reporting audits of complex functionalities and output of various information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems, financial and statistical models, or risk management activities for compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. Fully demonstrate specialized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations as it applies to models, risk management, or technology systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Apply specialized technical knowledge and expertise to perform reviews relating to the full life cycle of models, information technology applications, or risk management/analysis used across the company.
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the IT Auditor III role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy. Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring audit team progress and managing budgets and schedules.
- Serve as day-to-day project leader for audits ensuring projects are completed on-time and within scope and budget. Identify risks and assess potential impact of risks on the organization; use a risk-based approach to develop and adjust audit plans as appropriate and determine areas requiring additional analysis. Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with IT Audit Manager/Director. Review and finalize audit reports with IT Audit Manager/Director.
- Track results of prior audits and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight of other IT Auditors (including project guidance and informal coaching). Conduct first level review of work and documentation; leverage IT Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed. Communicate project team and audit objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Education Level (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- MS and/or MBA
- Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Information Systems, Math, or related
- One or more of the following: CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of technology infrastructure, e.g. Network, Operating Systems (Unix, Windows), Databases, Middleware, Web Applications
- General understanding of information security practice, industry frameworks, and regulatory requirements related to Cybersecurity and/or Cloud implementation
- Exposure to cyber and cloud technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and data analytic skills
- This role can be based anywhere in the continental US with preference for candidates located in cities near one of our offices (Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Dallas/Plano, Boston, New York City, Atlanta)
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60188