At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Internal Audit Team Lead, you will give structure that enables the audit team to perform their best work, apply risk based-methodology to design procedures to determine if the business is meeting key objectives, and work with a team focused on utilizing technology and processes to efficiently deliver assurance.
Internal Audit Team Leads assist with planning, executing and reporting audits and other projects to deliver assurance that the business is meeting key objectives. Internal Audit Team Leads serve as the day-to-day project manager for one or more audit projects and provide project guidance and informal coaching to Senior Internal Auditors and Internal Auditors as needed. Internal Audit Team Leads are expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. They should also demonstrate specialized functional area expertise in one or more areas.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring audit team progress and managing budgets and schedules. Serve as day-to-day project leader for audits ensuring projects are completed on-time and within scope and budget.
- Identify risks and assess potential impact of risks on the organization; use a risk-based approach to develop and adjust audit plans as appropriate and determine areas requiring additional analysis. Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with Internal Audit Manager/Director. Review and finalize audit reports with Internal Audit Manager/Director.
- Track results of prior audits and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight of Internal Auditors and Senior Internal Auditors (including project guidance and informal coaching). Conduct first level review of Internal Auditor and Senior Internal Auditor work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed. Communicate project team and audit objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Education Level (Required)
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- MS and/or MBA
- Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
- CIA, CPA, CFA, CISA, and/or CFE
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Previous project management experience
- Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience
- Experience auditing in a highly regulated environment
- Experience applying data analytic, data visualization, or robotic process automation software in audit environment
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60168