At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Financial Engineer Manager (Market Risk), you will help plan and direct the activities of a team whose primary focus is to oversee market risk measurement at Fannie Mae. Provide subject matter expertise on market risk analytics related to Fannie Mae’s portfolio of mortgage products, debt, and interest rate derivatives.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Partner with Treasury, Risk and other organizations within the enterprise to measure and report on market risk and related activities.
- Enhance the current market risk measurement framework by working with Treasury to develop new measurement methods, analytical tools, and dynamic reporting solutions.
- Partner with stakeholders across the enterprise on all key initiatives related to market risk.
- Represent the team by presenting analyses and assessments at various forums including communication with senior management.
- Assess and recommend strategies for managing both economic interest rate risk and financial earnings volatility.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent required
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- CFA, CPA, or related certifications preferred
- 8+ years of related experience
- Experience in capital markets, financial services, or a related industry
- Strong understanding of fixed income markets and products and their associated market risk characteristics
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with an ability to explain technical concepts and results to a diverse audience
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60075