At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Non-Technical Project Mgr III, you will you will support a Capital Markets Risk Management team and its objectives. The role includes oversight of risks related to the retained mortgage portfolio, capital markets functions and Fannie Mae’s valuation processes. The role involves developing and maturing a new valuation oversight framework and strategy along with analyzing valuation methodologies, control processes and modeling approaches. The role primarily serves stakeholders in Enterprise Risk Management, Finance and Capital Markets
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of one or more projects within a business unit. Participate in strategic planning, determining issues, and assessing future needs to identify projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. Monitor daily operations and provide direction to subordinate staff. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Manage daily team activities to advance the work of one or more projects. Plan, document, review, and manage subordinate performance.
- Develop implementation plans. Allocate and coordinate resources. Align with other projects. Develop methods for monitoring project progress. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results.
- Develop, monitor, and review project budgets. Verify expenditures vs. actual. Explain variances.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks to include access requests, space management, equipment procurement and tracking, and contractor requisitions and work orders.
- Develop, implement, and share best practices and tools in areas such as technology development, project management, risk management, change management, document retention and management, and post-implementation review.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Adhere to corporate and business unit standards and procedures. Obtain required approvals.
- Provide technology support and input. Support opportunities for technology improvements. Make recommendations for enhancements.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Identify and resolve project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts. Ensure positive outcomes.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Experience presenting to senior management
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Professional designation (CFA, MBA or PMP) or demonstrated progress towards obtaining
Education Level (Required)
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent in Business, Finance or Management
- 6-8 years of related experience
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60068