At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Ops Risk Analyst III, you will be responsible for conducting risk and controls assessments, documenting and evaluating process risk & control matrices (PRCM) in line with standard methodology and best practices, and executing controls rationalization and controls monitoring in response to the regulatory changes necessary to provide relief to our mortgage services and borrowers. This will ensure the appropriate systems, policies, and controls are in place to meet Fannie Mae’s risk appetite while continuing to support our mission at the heart of housing.
You will identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions. Coordinate across business and corporate units, and with customers in ensuring that these less common transactions or exchanges are executed appropriately.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies (such as six sigma) to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in disaster recovery effort as technical resource.
- Measure and analyze performance improvement results in a business or corporate unit. Support overall IT control practices, and remediation action plan execution, and integration and systems development life cycle testing and systems certification.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference towards degrees in Accounting, Business, Economics or IT/IS
- 4-6 years of experience in a related control discipline (e.g. Risk Management, Strategic Initiatives, Internal / External Audit, Operations, etc.), ideally with Financial Services.
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent risk reviews including control design assessments, utilizing industry best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with LEAN process improvement and ability to identify and recommend improvements to processes and control environments to drive efficiency.
- Knowledge of the Mortgage and/or Capital Markets industry is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong work ethic, excellent use of discretion and judgment and the ability to work under pressure and multi-task on various assignments.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60067