At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Portfolio Risk Manager in Capital markets, you will help plan and direct the activities of a team whose primary focus is to oversee market risk management and measurement at Fannie Mae. Provide subject matter expertise on market risk analytics related to Fannie Mae’s portfolio of mortgage products, debt, and interest rate derivatives.
Capital Markets Risk Management is responsible for monitoring the risk in the Capital Markets balance sheet of mortgage securities and loans, debt, and interest rate derivatives.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Perform an advisory role by partnering with Treasury, Finance and other organizations within the enterprise to independently review and assess portfolio trading activity, market risk hedging strategies, and market risk measurement methodologies
- Enhance the current market risk oversight framework by developing analytical tools to monitor and assess market risk, establishing appropriate procedures, and ensuring strong engagement with stakeholders
- Develop and recommend market risk metrics, thresholds, and limits
- Monitor market risk metrics against limits and thresholds and escalate increases in exposures as appropriate
- Partner with stakeholders across the enterprise on all key initiatives related to market risk
- Represent the team by presenting analyses and assessments at various forums including communication with senior management
- Assess strategies for managing both economic interest rate risk and financial earnings volatility
- Recommend and implement strategies for enhancing risk measurement frameworks like Economic Capital and VaR
- Work with analytics teams and traders to develop tactical and strategic guidance on portfolio's risk position that are consistent with limits and capital constraints.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Experience in financial markets, asset & liability management, market risk analytics
- Experience in MBS or other mortgage-related or fixed income products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex topics at different levels of detail across different levels of the organization
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Strong academic background and quantitative abilities (CFA, FRM or related certifications preferred)
Education Level (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60045