At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Economic Model Analyst IV, you will manage the work of a team of economists that conduct and review analyses on the effects of different economic conditions on the company's products, assets, or investments for the purposes of independent Internal Audit assessments of model risk. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their impact on financial and statistical models used across Fannie Mae for pricing, valuations, credit risk management, market risk management, financial reporting, and forecasting purposes. Interact heavily with the various modeling teams as well as other model risk oversight functions within the company.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Lead the analysis and assessment of both internal and vendor econometric and stochastic models and modeling applications used by the company to influence business decisions, report financial results, assess risk, and refine risk management policies.
- Facilitate the assignment of varied economic analyses to the project team, provide professional oversight of work, and facilitate communication with research and business groups. Provide technical guidance and consultation to less senior staff.
- Apply sophisticated econometric or quantitative methods to evaluate the full life cycle of models used across the company, focusing on model design/methodology, inputs and outputs, usage, model performance, monitoring and change management processes.
- Conduct fieldwork, including data analysis, technical reviews, and other substantive testing relating to model risk related controls. Document and maintain sufficient supporting information and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with the department's work paper standards.
- Design analytical procedures for assessment of models. Discuss findings and conclusions with customers and management.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics.
- 6-8 years of related experience.
- Familiarity with multiple financial modeling disciplines, such as predictive modeling, asset-liability management, term structure modeling, derivatives pricing theory, and/or quantitative risk management.
- Prior experience building, testing, and/or validating financial/economic/statistical models required, including review of inputs, assumptions, methodologies and outputs.
- Prior experience with modeling tools such as SAS, R, Matlab or comparable application required.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate controls over model development, implementation and operation.
- Analytical skills inclusive of the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, even if information is limited as well as explain problems or situations using a basic systematic framework.
- Ability to adapt and work in a frequently changing and unstructured environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Team player that works collaboratively with various team members to accomplish integrated solutions.
- Masters, PhD or other advanced degree
- CFA, FRM/PRM certification
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60043