At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Internal Auditor II, you will Work under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager or Director and assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principles. Develop and demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. Work assignments are completed with supervision from more senior team members. Work is moderate in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to resolve routine issues, as necessary.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Assist with audit planning and drafting initial audit scope. Document details of planning and walk through meetings. Assist in identifying controls to mitigate potential risk factors within assigned process/areas. Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans. Develop, document and execute audit test steps in partnership with more senior team members.
- Assist in evaluating controls and in identifying control gaps. Conduct substantive testing, such as tests of detailed activities and transactions or analytical review tests, to obtain audit evidence.
- Document and maintain sufficient supporting information (such as flowcharts of end-to-end business processes) and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with work paper standards. Identify and discuss audit findings with audit team and document exceptions. Assist with drafting audit reports and key deliverables (e.g., ICIs).
- Collaborate and share knowledge with audit teams across the Internal Audit organization, as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 2 - 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Area of study Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
- Demonstrated experience identifying and assessing risks, controls, and processes and/or risk management experience in a financial services company
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management frameworks, with exposure to various risk categories such as credit, market, liquidity, model and operational risk
- CIA, CPA and/or CISA certification
- Public accounting, mortgage banking and/or previous Fannie Mae specific experience
- Model risk assessment and management experience
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60037