KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Work closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Guide project’s roadmap, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
- Manage delivery timelines, monitor team progress, and coordinate with partners to remove impediments. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release processes.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of experience leading or managing software delivery teams
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience in mission critical and complex strategic initiatives
- Experience leading and managing Agile Scrum teams to support critical projects and business operations
- Extensive experience with Java related technologies including Spring Boot, Angular, and Oracle technologies
- Strong understanding of middleware technologies including Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, ESB, Autosys and other related technologies
- Strong customer-oriented mindset and relationship building skills
- Strong people management skills and ability to coach and mentor staff
- Knowledge of cloud (AWS) implementation and deployment
- Experience with AWS public cloud services and related services would be highly desired such as EC2, S3, Lambda, ElastiCache, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience with API event-driven architecture, container orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) and knowledge of Microservices architectures
- Experience with Spring Security would be a plus
- Experience in Lean (Agile) practices and ability to drive a culture of adoption to new methods of working
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60034