At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Director of Tax Accounting, you will oversee tax reporting for securitizations and structured transactions.
Direct day-to-day operations for a unit engaged in preparing and reviewing monthly tax provisions, estimated taxes, and tax returns. Coordinate strategy execution. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow.
- Lead unit in preparing monthly and quarterly tax provisions, the quarterly tax reserve, and/or tax filings with sufficient documentation and referencing.
- Monitor compliance with tax reporting requirements such that the firm is not exposed to late and incorrect filing penalties.
- Anticipate tax rule changes and assess the impact. Communicate and translate new pronouncements to enable understanding by stakeholders.
- Manage liaison with external parties such as auditors, consultants, and the Internal Revenue Service.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Responsible for all aspects of Tax Reporting for Fannie Mae Securities.
- Oversight of team and outside service providers to ensure complete and accurate compliance with tax factor reporting for MBS and other securities and tax returns for REMICs.
- Knowledge of mortgage securitizations and structured transactions.
- Knowledge of credit risk transfer transactions.
- Experience with corporate tax accounting and software development life cycle from the business owner perspective.
Education Level (Required)
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level (Preferred)
- Master or Other Advanced Degree
Areas of Study (Preferred)
- Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CFA
- 8-10 years of related experience
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60031