Fannie Mae seeks Technology Engineer – Reston, VA
Develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. Code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug applications, and/or IT infrastructure components and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risks are understood and minimized. Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA. Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts. Develop an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices. Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers.
- Master’s in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related
- 3 years’ experience in job offered or related, or Bachelor’s in Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or related
- 5 years’ progressive experience. Experience must include Puppet Manifests and Puppet/mCollective; development of Ruby scripts and JSON; Java programs and J2EE/JEE infrastructure; and administration/engineering of Web and Application Server platforms WebLogic, JBOSS, and TC Server and Apache
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in development of Unix Shell Scripting and CICD Automation tools Jenkins, JUNIT
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Req ID: 60012