At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a Governance Analyst IV, you will serve a key role as part of the Internal Risk Management function within our COO group to manage the implementation of Path 2 Production (P2P), our new streamlined approach to technology change at Fannie Mae. This is a key role supporting the Digital Transformation efforts at Fannie Mae as we migrate on-premise technology to the cloud.
You will be primarily responsible for leading the execution and management of specific tasks related to P2P operations, including: P2P steering council implementation; test and learn exercises for Single Family, Multifamily, Capital Markets, and Credit Services portfolios; Program coordination across different workstreams, program plan and milestone; Sequence and plan work across PTX workstreams; Develop and execute high-level P2P PSPP integration and sustainability plan and milestones; Execute permit integration, exception management, reporting.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Utilize broad expertise and specialized knowledge to lead and execute project management assignments related to policy and procedure development, operational assessment, risk identification, gap analysis and remediation. Study and review business processes/procedures in assigned business units and examine documentation and flow of work.
- Develop and manage implementation of operational and governance requirements for key control activities within the business unit. Helps the business unit comply with regulatory, legal, and corporate or functional related policies and procedures.
- Develop procedures and business processes that meet corporate standards and instruct business personnel in their use. Track compliance, evaluate results, and present best practice solutions to any issues that are identified.
- Evaluate new policies, standards, procedures for compliance and control impacts, and evaluate control owner planning and implementation of compliance standards. Develop and maintain governance, risk and compliance evaluation and reporting.
- Provide expertise and be a resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Facilitate risk and operational reviews and prepares analyses for complex projects often requiring an understanding of financial and market metrics. May present findings to Senior Management.
- May design, develop, and deliver training to staff. May mentor more junior members of staff.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience including 2+ years of prior experience in related risk and control disciplines (e.g., Risk Management, Internal/External Audit, etc.). Big 4 assurance or advisory experience is a plus.
- Experience in executing technology risk assessments and demonstrating strong knowledge and industry best practices/frameworks (COBIT 5, ISO 27002, NIST, CSF, TOGAF etc.) relating to IT processes and controls such as technical resiliency/business continuity, enterprise technology architecture, release and configuration management, system development lifecycle, as well as cloud related infrastructure services such as AWS etc.).
- Ability to evaluate new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to help management manage risk and solve problems (e.g., analyzing root cause of issues, impact to technology and required corrective actions) and assist Risk Management Managers / Directors in redesigning business processes and/or developing solutions for business partners.
- Experience and proven success in project management and executing multiple concurrent assignments.
- Strong experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project. Experience with collaboration tools such as MS SharePoint and GRC systems such as MetricStream desired, but not mandatory.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60001