At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a Governance Analyst III, you will serve a key role as part of the Internal Risk Management function within our COO group to facilitate the implementation of Path 2 Production, our new streamlined approach to tech change at Fannie Mae. This is a key role supporting the Digital Transformation efforts at Fannie Mae as we migrate on-premise technology to the cloud.
You will be primarily responsible for supporting the execution and management of specific tasks related to P2P operations, including: P2P steering council implementation; test and learn exercises for Single Family, Multifamily, Capital Markets, and Credit Services portfolios; Program coordination across different workstreams, program plan and milestone; Sequence and plan work across PTX workstreams; Develop and execute high-level P2P PSPP integration and sustainability plan and milestones; Execute permit integration, exception management, reporting.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Utilize broad expertise and specialized knowledge to lead and execute project management assignments related to policy and procedure development, compliance testing, process analyses, gap identification, and remediation.
- Develop and manage the implementation of operational and governance requirement for key control activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, corporate, and business unit policies and procedures.
- Develop procedures and business processes that meet corporate standards and instruct business personnel in their use. Track compliance, evaluate results, and present best practice solutions to any issues that are identified.
- Facilitate training on new software development structure and manage associated change and ambiguity.
- Evaluate new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Conduct risk and operational reviews and prepares analyses for complex projects often requiring an understanding of financial and market metrics. May present findings to Senior Management.
- Lead ad hoc projects and develop and implement corporate wide or business unit governance, risk, or compliance programs and initiatives.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience including 2+ years of prior experience in related risk and control disciplines (e.g., Risk Management, Internal/External Audit, etc.). Big 4 assurance or advisory experience is a plus.
- Experience in assessing effectiveness of key controls through varied approaches including inspection and analytics.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to help management manage risk and solve problems (e.g., analyzing root cause of issues, impact to technology and required corrective actions) and assist Risk Management Managers / Directors in redesigning business processes and/or developing solutions for business partners.
- Experience and proven success in project management and executing multiple concurrent assignments.
- Strong experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project. Experience with collaboration tools such as MS SharePoint and GRC systems such as MetricStream desired, but not mandatory.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60000