At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Risk Policy Associate IV, you will serve as the governance and compliance subject matter expert for Enterprise Risk Management’s (ERM) Single Family division. You will assess, develop and/or update division- and enterprise-level governing documents in partnership with ERM Governance & Policy Administration. You will be responsible for ensuring ERM Single Family division’s compliance, influencing the development and enhancement of governance requirements, while leveraging industry wide risk governance and oversight best practices.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
Represent ERM Single Family and partner with ERM and Corporate Governance Teams.
Influence the development and enhancement of ERM and corporate governance requirements. Challenge the norm and recommend simple and effective solutions.
Ensure ERM-SF’s compliance with ERM and Corporate governance requirements.
Develop, enhance and maintain division-level governing policies, standards, procedures, and job aids.
Identify control gaps and remediation; consult on process optimization.
Support policy implementation for ERM Single Family and first line partners.
Contribute to the process enhancement efforts related to policy exceptions, limit breach management, and other corporate requirements.
Assist in development and maintenance of the annual risk coverage plan.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Area of preferred study Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance
- 6 – 8 years of related experience
- A clear understanding of and experience with risk governance and oversight.
- Experience in policy development, analysis, and implementation.
- Experience related to credit risk management, compliance and solid understanding of the single-family mortgage business.
- Experience effectively partnering/collaborating with internal constituencies and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex matters in an easy to understand fashion.
- Process improvement & project management experience.
- A highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59975