At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a Financial Engineer III, you will use advanced software and engineering skills to process large volumes of data in both an AWS cloud environment and on-premise Unix environment, to serve purposes of financial model development, financial analytics and reporting. Design and develop applications that automate business processes in Financial Business Analytics(FBA) group, develop analytical tools to allow business analysts to do complex scenarios analysis of lost allowance and valuations. Provide insightful suggestions for new features/tools based on new technologies to streamline the business process.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Design new and enhance existing financial applications to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly generated.
- Develop software applications using software skills including Java/J2EE, Python, Shell script, Oracle, Angular, and AWS cloud based technology (Hive, Spark, etc.) services.
- Design and implement financial analytic tools to handle large volume data in an AWS cloud based environment, and an on-premise Unix environment using Python.
- Use Big Data analytical tools including AWS Hive, AWS EMR, etc. to provide in depth analysis on loan characteristics based on loan acquisition, loan modification and regular monthly activities.
- Write automation test code using automation testing framework such as Selenium, Cucumber.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Work independently to make decisions on model components and application development approaches with limited supervision. Conceptualize solution to business policy and issues while remaining focused on optimizing the impact of change on existing processes and software.
- Collaborate with other team members, business units, and user groups to identify impacts of changes or enhancements, estimate level of effort, provide inputs to project schedules, and make effort to meet the schedules. May require to work after normal working hours and weekends when needed.
- Collaborate with testing, change and configuration management, and operation execution teams on system changes, user tests, and application production releases.
- Document the application system artifacts, technical issues, and recommendations clearly and in a timely manner that ensures proper understanding by both business and technical staff.
- Ensure application development, system access and operation compliance with the company standards and procedures.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Field of study preferred: Computer Engineering or related Engineering fields
- 6-10 years of related experience
- Must be a self-starter and motivated to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities in required timeframe
- Proactive, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills. Must be able to define problem space as well as potential solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a collaborative environment
- Java developer certification is required
- AWS experience such as Lambda is required
- Experience on Java web application design and development is required
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) processes and methods including Agile and Waterfall
- Experience with version control tools like SVN, Git is required
- Experience of writing automation testing using Selenium is required
- Programming skills in Angular or Python are preferred
- Experience with UNIX and LINUX Scripting (ksh) is preferred
- Advanced database/SQL skill is preferred
- Experience with ESB client setup is preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially a background in risk management or home price forecasting or estimation, is a plus
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59934