At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Accountant II, you will compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information for production of financial reports and statements. Ensure that documentation and process flows are complete, current, and accessible. Perform research and analyses requested by management.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile sub-ledgers, and complete extracts for report distribution. Produce monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
- Reconcile and adjust various general ledger accounts and/or bank statements. Ensure accurate, complete, and timely transaction processing. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
- Perform moderately complex analyses.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Assist in testing and implementing changes to accounting functions and processes necessary to comply with changes in accounting regulations.
- Recommend technological enhancements.
- May serve as point of contact for accounts payable or accounts receivable transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of related experience in accounting operations and general ledger close
- Strong analytical skills and experience simplifying large data sets using Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP functions required)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with colleagues across the organization
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changes in priorities, assignments and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics
- Certified Public Accountant certification
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59930