At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to work with exceptional people and help make an impact on the future of the housing industry. Join us and be part of an inclusive, supportive team thriving in an energizing, collaborative environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Financial Reporting Analyst I, you will compile, review, and/or transmit accurate financial results internally to the firm points of contact or externally to regulatory bodies (e.g., FHFA, SEC) for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Prepare complete, current, and accessible reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Participate in producing financial results to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting is accurate, timely, and based upon internal and external reporting requirements.
- Check data for reasonableness by reviewing past trends and changing conditions and by analyzing results against monthly forecasts. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
- Design new reports or enhance existing reporting to reflect changes in policy, market conditions, or to incorporate concepts expressed by senior management.
- Identify opportunities to add value to processes and reporting.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- May document processes by writing specifications or requirements.
- May perform moderately complex financial reporting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of financial reporting experience to include SEC reporting, SEC filings, investor relations and/or accounting
- In depth knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements – Regulation S-K, S-X, and Article 9
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with employees at all levels, including senior leadership
- Ability to lead a team on a process or project independently
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement and redesign
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data
- Flexibility to take on new or additional assignments and be able to adapt to changes in the current processes or environment to meet the organization’s changing needs
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies as they relate to financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant certification (CPA) or CPA in process
- Big 4, CPA firm experience, or public company SEC reporting experience
- IPO experience
- Prior experience with Excel, Anaplan, Workiva and/or Tableau
- Knowledge or experience in the mortgage or financial services industry
- Understanding of design thinking methodology and approach
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59927