Establish, maintain, and communicate standards for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the enterprise's databases and warehouses. Confer as needed with other technical staff to plan database conversion projects, or to establish large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises. Guide or provide technical assistance to database administration projects or operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more efficient use of data resources. Research, assess, and report use of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as needs change and corporate platforms develop.
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Confer with client management and unit leadership to define processes, policies and standards relating to data quality.
- Develop and use data quality metrics that can be used to evaluate reports and other outputs of data-related applications. May render these metrics into dashboards or other tools that can be accessed by others.
- Draft, edit, and complete data quality business rules for use by developers or those extracting data or preparing reports from enterprise databases.
- Identify data quality issues in reports, applications, or downloads accomplished by unit; assess causes of problems, and lead or participate in efforts such as data cleansing, data certification, and the like to remediate problems.
- Take lead on portions of data quality program such as development and use of data quality tools to advance the program within the unit and with client users/custodians of data.
- May coach or mentor less experienced staff on advancing data quality program.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Prior risk management program experience is required. Considered a subject matter expert in their assigned work or product(s), as demonstrated from prior risk management experience, or has the capacity and intellectual capability to become a SME.
- Proficiency in Tableau or similar standard visualization tool.
- Prior experience and ability to understand, execute and report various testing methodologies. This includes story/script development and execution, problem solving, identification of defects and control gaps.
- Strong presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- Experience implementing and establishing data ownership, stewardship, and monitoring, as well as determining business rules to be applied to the data.
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science or Finance preferred
- Experience with BCBS 239 (Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s Standard 239). Understanding/application of guidance to data management.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59920