Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Support, develop, assess, and execute statistical, mathematical, economic, and financial models for business decision making, risk assessment, financial valuation, and performance measurement in all areas of mortgage finance business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Under general direction of supervisor or senior staff, conduct theoretical and empirical research using public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rates, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing.
- Apply mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions to support business strategies and initiatives.
- Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
- Complete modeling projects in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted modeling practices
- Implement validation strategies and assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes with some supervision
- Apply understanding of relevant business context to properly interpret model results, monitor performance and assess risks
- Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members on analyses and modeling projects. Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication via white papers, reports and presentations, to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Collaborate effectively as part of a team and across organizational lines
EDUCATION Education Level Required (if any) Bachelors degree
Education Level Preferred(if any) Masters, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE 4-6 years
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Advanced econometric analysis knowledge including time series, panel data, discrete event modeling.
• Experience in mortgage performance modeling, property and financial asset valuation modeling is preferred
• Master or PhD in quantitative disciplines preferred, such as Economics, Finance, Mathematics, and Physics.
• Excellent written and oral communication skill in delivering complex technical information to audience with various background
• Business knowledge on mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's operation
• Demonstrated ability to independently complete a complex modeling project from the beginning to the end with minimal supervision from manager.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59903