Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The Senior Asset Manager will be responsible for the post-closing management activities of a LIHTC asset portfolio. This position acts largely as the relationship manager with syndicator partners in the development, construction and operation of LIHTC investments. Responsibilities include receipt and analysis of regular investment reporting by Syndicator partners, performing risk assessments of investments, markets, and partners, and managing corrective strategy when showing early warning signs of performance issues.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Multifamily market including; LIHTC Asset Management, real estate finance, transactions and structures, legal contracts, loan documents, property/collateral valuation, cap rates, credit.
- Relationship manager with Syndicator Partners in the development, construction and operation of LIHTC investments.
- Analyze Multifamily portfolio data, counterparties, markets, legal agreements/ terms, financial statements, and cash flows. Identify trends and draw reasonable conclusions from examination of data and other sources of information.
- Significant depth of understanding relative to business unit responsibilities and objectives. Resolve problems, source and develop information to negotiate position with management and external stakeholders to mitigate financial and credit risk.
- Ability to direct others in the process of navigating multiple systems, managing data and creating reports. Ensures data quality and integrity. Improve processes to monitor and communicate credit risk within the team and across the Multifamily organization.
- Lead, support the development of action plans for non-routine project-based work including regulatory and internal audit activities.
- Maintain Fannie Mae training schedule. Actively focus upon personal development aligned with Fannie Mae leadership criteria for Associate that complements business unit goals.
- Subject matter specialist within the business unit. Position includes some coaching and knowledge sharing with team members to facilitate business unit objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of and experience with Multifamily real estate markets and property types specifically with a focus on Low Income Housing Tax Credit business
- Experience managing Multifamily LIHTC / Equity assets
- Experience communicating complex ideas and processes to colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to deal with multiple business units within the Multifamily organization.
- Requires a self-motivated, team player who has strong work ethic, demonstrates attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment with excellent management and business literacy skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established time-frames.
- Written and Oral, customer relationship management skills
- Analytical skills
Req ID: 59901