At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Loan Service Specialist IV, you work with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to managing and monitoring customer (servicers or other partners) performance with the goal of safeguarding Fannie Mae assets and mitigating operations and financial risk. Provide value-added expertise to customers in implementing new servicing concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving for highly complex issues. May operate in a lead role within the team, including participating in training of new employees, and in setting, implementing and maintaining processes, procedures and overall servicing strategy.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Manage customers' performance to Fannie Mae expectations and requirements related to servicing customer portfolios, investor reporting, delivery accuracy, or other servicing activities. Support servicers in complying with Fannie Mae guidelines and servicing requirements including, but not limited to, established servicer performance benchmarks and the firm's servicing guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver Servicer Performance Review with servicer's senior management team.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analyses and problem solving for customer problems and issues. Develop remediation plans and oversee customers' implementation of plans as well as best practices.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate customers' and Fannie Mae's internal processes. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs for Fannie Mae.
- Advise, coordinate, monitor and report on customers' implementation of new product/policy initiatives. Conduct on-site reviews and act as consultant in evaluation of customer staff capabilities to integrate Fannie Mae's work rules with the customer's operations.
- Coordinate internally with business areas in managing data and customers. Effectively communicate and collaborate with various levels of external and internal stakeholders. Build and maintain internal and/or external customer relationships via regular engagement. Provide customer training, when required.
- Assist and support stakeholders in resolving highly complex issues related to customer processes. Where applicable, manage exceptions and the remediation process. Recommend corrective action as needed. Resolve outstanding issues.
- Design, develop, monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals. Participate in process improvement initiatives focused on strengthening internal controls and providing operational efficiencies. Participate in strategic initiatives and programs to optimize the outcome of SDQ reduction for the servicers.
- Participate in the training of team members and provide ongoing professional support. May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity. Escalate deficiencies or identified risk to Fannie Mae management when established routes of remediation are insufficient (requires a thorough understanding of Fannie Mae policies and processes throughout the organization).
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
Extensive mortgage servicing knowledge and experience
Demonstrates excellent customer service and relationship management skills
Ability to conduct mortgage servicing risk analysis
Effectively monitors mortgage servicing risk measures and drives resolution
Ability to consult and create customer solutions
Ability to position and articulate initiatives with customers that deliver value
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong ability to analyze data and draw key insights
Degree in Business or Finance
Technical skills; Microsoft tools and Salesforce
Proficient in single family mortgage business acumen
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59899