Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Assess adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies (such as six sigma) to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in disaster recovery effort as technical resource.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Accounting, Business, Economics or IT/IS
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEMPLOYMENT
-Must have Operational Risk Management experience and knowledge of ORM concepts and practices (i.e., process mapping, risk identification, assessment of control environments, risk monitoring and measurements).
-2-5 years relevant experience in financial services risk management, public accounting, or a combination of public and internal audit experience with a minimum of 2 years in financial services;
-Strong collaboration and consultative skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with business/functional partners to influence decisions
-Strong process facilitation, process management/improvement skills; ability to independently handle multiple priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines
-Strong analytical skills to interpret data and derive analytical insights from data
-Knowledge of the mortgage industry, mortgage product types, and mortgage securitization
-Awareness of relevant operational risk types/sub-types
-Understanding of risk governance
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59883