Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions. Coordinate across business and corporate units, and with customers in ensuring that these less common transactions or exchanges are executed appropriately.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in or play technical lead in disaster recovery effort.
- Measure and analyze performance improvement results in a business or corporate unit. Support overall IT control practices, and remediation action plan execution, and integration and systems development life cycle testing and systems certification.
EDUCATIONEducation Level Required (if any)Bachelor Degree or EquivalentEducation Level Preferred(if any)Master or Other Advanced DegreeArea of Study Preferred(if any)Accounting, Business, Economics or IT/ISMINIMUM EXPERIENCE6-8 years of related experienceSPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Experience managing key risk indicator (KRI) program, inclusive of methodology, oversight activities/requirements, establishing guidelines for ongoing discussions and 2nd LOD effective challenge.
Experience with implementing and executing operational risk management frameworks at a complex, interconnected, matrixed enterprise.
Experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to function effectively at all levels of the organization in a highly complex business environment, dealing with competing priorities.
Experience with preparation and delivery of presentations to senior executives.
Strong written and verbal communication, problem solving, collaboration and negotiation skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59878