At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Operations Risk Analyst III you will be responsible for incident and issue management, resolution timelines, reporting, and escalation when necessary. You will apply an understanding on the principles, concepts, practices and standards of operational risk compliance and Sarbanes Oxley to assess controls, identify gaps, evaluate the adequacy of risk mitigation efforts, and oversee the implementation of control recommendations. You will also participate in assessments used to determine the design effectiveness of current & future state controls, develop and prepare risk and control metrics, and advise on process improvement opportunities.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Assess adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies (such as six sigma) to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in disaster recovery effort as technical resource.
- Measure and analyze performance improvement results in a business or corporate unit. Support overall control practices, and remediation action plan execution, and integration and systems development life cycle testing and systems certification.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 3+ years’ experience in a related control discipline (e.g. Risk Management, Strategic Initiatives, Internal / External Audit, Operations, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent risk reviews including control design assessments, utilizing industry best practices
- Organized and analytical with keen attention to detail. Strong critical thinking, time management, and planning abilities.
- Ability to work both collaboratively with the team and independently in a flexible and dynamic environment. Participate in project meetings with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Ability to effectively communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify and recommend improvements to processes and control environments to drive efficiency.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59862