Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The SVP of ESG and Mission is responsible for setting Fannie Mae's ESG and Mission agenda in concert with critical enterprise stakeholders (regulators, Board and Management Committee) and ensuring that the firm is operating in a way that is consistent with those standards and strategy. This officer will be responsible for monitoring and staying up to date with the broader ESG community across Financial Services as well as globally while ensuring that Fannie Mae is appropriately reporting on enterprise-wide activities underway that fit under the ESG umbrella. As a core member of Fannie Mae's senior leadership, this individual must be strategic and pragmatic in order to support the execution of work that furthers our ESG brand externally. The individual must be able to balance a deep understanding of the financial services industry and the secondary mortgage market with the constantly changing external expectations of companies and their ESG programs and mission related activities in both SF and MF. This role reports to the EVP of our Multifamily business with close relationships with our EVP of our Single Family Business and our Chief Financial Officer. Key functions that will report into this role will be: ESG, Duty to Serve, Sustainable Communities, Disaster Recovery & Support and Climate Impact / Flood.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Define a multi-year, enterprise ESG strategy in concert with Fannie's Board, FHFA (conservator), and Management Committee
- Drive a cross-functional strategy to integrate environmental, social and governance principles into both business lines as well as corporate groups
- Identifies goals appropriate for each business and group that will contribute to the firms ESG agenda and approach, serves as an advisor and partner in service of completing those goals
- Partners with SF & MF to ensure we're executing the right business to drive our Duty to Serve responsibilities
- Ensuring we are deploying the right resources to the highest impact ESG related initiatives that the company has underway and ensuring that we say no to areas that may make sense in a vacuum but do not scale or drive impact at the enterprise level
- Pilots and owns new ESG projects and programs that support ESG outcomes firm-wide; responsible for successful integration into our business lines
- Understanding of mission related goals and activities across the enterprise and a demonstrated ability to influence senior business stakeholders
- Integrates ESG messages within areas like HR, Corporate Communications and other key functions
- Ability to communicate effectively to negotiate with, persuade and partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to partner with external regulatory bodies as needed to frame and build buy-in for ESG
Education Level Required (if any)
Education Level Preferred(if any)
• 10+ years of strategy experience within the financial services industry
• 10+ years of experience leading high-performance teams in a variety of organizations and environments
• Experience leading cross-functional teams through collaboration and influence
• Understanding of global ESG trends and practices
• Experience working in B2B financial services or strong secondary marketing experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• strong ability to collaborate with senior-level executives and across broad organizations including technology, design, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
• Proven results-oriented leadership; working with a sense of urgency and a focus on developing talent
• Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59850