Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Internal Audit Team Leads assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principals. Internal Audit Team Leads serve as the day-to-day project manager for one or more audit projects and provide project guidance and informal coaching to Senior Internal Auditors and Internal Auditors as needed. Internal Audit Team Leads are expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. They should also demonstrate specialized functional area expertise in one or more areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Senior Internal Auditor role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
- Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring audit team progress and managing budgets and schedules. Serve as day-to-day project leader for audits ensuring projects are completed on-time and within scope and budget.
- Identify risks and assess potential impact of risks on the organization; use a risk-based approach to develop and adjust audit plans as appropriate and determine areas requiring additional analysis. Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with Internal Audit Manager/Director. Review and finalize audit reports with Internal Audit Manager/Director.
- Track results of prior audits and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight of Internal Auditors and Senior Internal Auditors (including project guidance and informal coaching). Conduct first level review of Internal Auditor and Senior Internal Auditor work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed. Communicate project team and audit objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- MS and/or MBA preferred
- Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration specialization preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience public accounting; previous project management experience; mortgage banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- CIA, CPA or CISA required
- Experience supervising staff auditors
- Agile auditing experience a plus
- Experience in financial services a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59835