Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Work with consultants, auditors, and others to analyze and provide information on operational, reporting, or system impact related to policy changes and new products. Contribute to special projects. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ideal candidate will have 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting required. CPA strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience preparing and presenting accounting results to stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with Excel pivot tables and vlookup is required.
- Must have demonstrated experience simplifying large data sets using Excel.
- Intellectually curious with a willingness to work in a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment.
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills required.
- Experience with monthly accounting close preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59821