Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Liaise between partner areas related to risk governance activities. Contribute to the identification of gaps in the existing- and development of new business processes. Draft and/or update risk policies/procedures and delegations. Provide key contributions during the internal/external examinations and remediation of identified issues. Act as a project manager for cross-functional projects, including issue remediation and advisory bulletin gap analyses. Contribute meaningfully to a development of communication program, inclusive of training on changes and updates to policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in managing efforts and projects related to risk policies/procedures development.
- Assist in managing projects related to remediation of control gaps in processes.
- Provide key contributions to process engineering efforts related to support areas.
- Provide key contributions to process integrity efforts and reporting as they relate to policy exceptions, notifications, risk limit breach management, and other corporate requirements.
- Liaison between internal and external auditors, examiners, and regulators.
- Present at business meetings for various audiences, as required
- Assist in leading the development and/or management of a communication program, inclusive of training on changes or updates to policies/standards/procedures, methodologies, and/or regulatory changes.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated analytic skills as well as the ability to take disparate information and make recommendations quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, staff, customers and regulatory bodies
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write assessments clearly, accurately and analytically to support detailed findings.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, in-depth targeted reviews, controls monitoring and testing.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and reprioritize work as the needs of the business change.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, including ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals.
- Prior risk management, audit, compliance, legal and/or project management experience is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59793