Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Align strategic goals and objectives with key business and IT initiatives. Work to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, industry standard techniques and best practices. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture. Align approach with broader architecture vision.
- Partner with business stewards to define performance metrics for target architecture(s); Promote and educate stakeholders on the use and value of optimized architecture(s)
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- Conduct proof of concept of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance.
- Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices. May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects.
Education Level Required
Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred
Master’s Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Required
Computer Science, Engineering or related field
AWS certified solution architect professional
8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- B.S degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 10+ years software engineering and architecture and 2+ years of Cloud Architecture experience.
- Experience in architecting solutions for scalability, resiliency, and high-availability.
- Experience in architecting end to end solutions for real-time, event driven applications.
- Experience in data integration, data streaming and data analytics.
- Knowledge and understand of Capital Markets and Trading and Operations functions preferred.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior and senior architects.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Experience in architecting solutions for cross-program, and cross-project Architecture strategies, opportunities, and problem resolution
- 6-7 years’ experience in application development best practices and design patterns.
- 4-5 years’ Experience in design and development of real-time, event driven solutions
- 3-4 years’ Experience translating business strategy into information strategy & technology strategy.
- 2-3 years’ experience serving as an advisor to leadership on information management and technology strategies.
- 2-3 years’ experience in defining and articulating digital transformation and cloud migration strategies
- Extensive experience in collaborating, influencing and negotiating with stakeholders in generating successful outcomes for the business
- Broad knowledge and experience in multiple technology areas & software’s [APIs, Event streaming, Security, Logging & Monitoring, Databases (SQL. NOSQL), Containers, Serverless frameworks, AI & ML etc.]
- Knowledge of Mortgage industry business process
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets functions, with specific focus on trading and treasury management
- 4+ years of Cloud Architecture experience preferred
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience using DevOps and Agile.
- Experience with other emerging / new technologies AI&ML, Big Data, etc. a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59783