Manage a team engaged in planning, managing, and executing varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Oversee gathering of information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications and to budget human, financial, and other resources. Ensure that subordinate staff provide technical oversight and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage day-to-day activities related to developing applications. Determine scope and priority of current and upcoming projects to allocate appropriate levels of resources to project development efforts.
- Assign staff based on skill sets and demands of projects. Provide technical guidance in the course of working on projects.
- Train staff in formal project management methodology utilized at the firm Track project progress and assess compliance with the methodology.
- Document and report progress. Ensure that reports are filed timely. Keep senior management advised of significant trends and findings and other issues. Provide high-level recommendations.
- Design, modify, install, and/or maintain metrics that drive and measure team performance.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Develop and/or maintain significant portions of strategy, strategic plans, and related processes. Support the design of the transformation roadmap, including clear milestones, workstreams, and owners.
- Collect data/information needed to support analysis from multiple sources. Analyze business performance and monthly self-assessments against objectives. Collaborate with business units to resolve concerns.
- Identify and recommend metrics that drive and measure business performance. Run complex analysis, develop recommendations, and prepare communications to transmit recommendations to senior leaders.
Compile executive reporting and communicate to executive management on major accomplishments, issues, and concerns.
Manage budget process for responsible areas. Consider actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated forecast.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Business or Computer Science
6-8 years of related experience
- Must be able to synthesize business strategies and initiatives into actionable multi-year roadmaps, providing clear direction on key priorities and execution.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and comfortable presenting to executive leadership.
- Must be proficient and well versed in MS PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization and with senior executives.
- Must be a business focused and strategic thinker with the ability to influence
- Knowledgeable in budget preparation and forecasting
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59767