Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Under limited supervision, uses a variety of moderately complex techniques to produce insights, new product or change recommendations, process improvement or automation, and predictive modeling. Uses a variety of data mining, data analysis, statistical, and econometric methods to deploy new analytical capabilities and applications. Partners with existing data engineering and data management teams. Applies data mining techniques to external or created data sources in preparation for analysis or use of enterprise data assets.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborates with product/business owners, data engineers, and platform teams to understand needs and current capabilities, data availability and alternative uses.
- Implements new statistical modeling capabilities as appropriate.
- Applies predictive analytic capabilities to enhance the delivery of business applications to support the integration of data and statistical models or algorithms. Applies industry standard practices in research and testing to product development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Designs new analytic applications to support risk measurement, financial valuation, decision making, and business performance.
- Designs data visualizations, technical documentation and non-technical presentation material to communicate complex ideas and solutions to business partners.
Education Level Required
Bachelor's degree or Equivalent
4-6 years of relevant work experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods techniques, such as regression, and Supervised Machine Learning methods strongly preferred.
- Programming experience with data gathering and analytics packages such as: R or Python and machine learning required
- Strong analytics skills, able to assess business need, define an analytic solution, and execute using analytics that range from excel tables - to statistical or machine learning analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with technical writing preferred and track-record for strong presentations skills a plus
- Experience with Multifamily lending risk analytics and models a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59763