Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Enterprise Risk Management’s Single Family division is seeking a Credit Risk Analyst III to provide oversight of Fannie Mae’s mortgage loan servicing and real estate owned (REO) business activities. The Analyst will be joining a highly capable and collaborative team, where he or she will be responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting on key exposures and complex transactions. The Analyst will lead various projects and initiatives, including, but not limited to, analytical reporting, stakeholder engagements, risk assessments, and implementation of credit risk standards.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, monitor and review credit risk related analytics and trends.
- Evaluate risk(s) posed by policy changes/exceptions and recommend remediation actions.
- Manage relationships and collaborate with stakeholders to identify new and emerging risks and stay abreast of developments.
- Challenge the norm and make recommendations on products and policies based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contracts.
- Escalate findings from risk oversight efforts to ERM Management.
- Conduct credit analyses using standard and more advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Work with business unit management to determine appropriate and proactive strategies for managing risk in the overall servicing portfolio.
- Ensure performance and data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Lead analytical, policy development, or integration efforts within unit or with other departments.
- Bachelor 's degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with Single Family mortgage business, servicing, loss mitigation strategies, REO asset management (e.g. valuation, sales, property preservation) and credit risk management
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated process improvement and risk management experience.
- Ability to pull and interpret data to identify meaningful trends and to effectively report.
- Experience with Tableau or similar software is preferred; MS Office proficiency is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate risk findings in a concise and easily understood manner.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to think strategically and set priorities to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality results.
- A highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59758