Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
Education Level Required (if any)
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
- Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
- Business or Computer Science
Certifications Preferred(if any)
- Specialized training in specific platforms, enterprise or development tools
- 8-10 years of related experience; Highly experienced with Agile practices/methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, BDD, etc).
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong ServiceNow developer with 5+ yrs. of hands-on ServiceNow development experience
- Experience with building application extensions and custom applications in ServiceNow
- Experience working in Service Catalog, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Knowledge Management
- Expertise with Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, UI Scripts, UI Pages, UI Macros, UI Policies, etc.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator, ServiceNow Implementation Specialist, and ServiceNow Developer
- Experience managing developers and interacting with other team leads
- Strong communications, analysis and problem-solving skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59739