Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Responsible for managing audits of complex functionalities and output of various information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems, financial and statistical models, or risk management activities for compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Responsibilities include planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principals. Provide formal supervision and coaching of staff. Another primary responsibility is building and maintaining relationships with audit business partners and customers at the Vice President level. Demonstrate a high level of specialized functional area expertise in a specific line of business with moderate expertise across one or more other lines of business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a small to moderate-sized portfolio of audits of information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems, financial and statistical models, or risk management activities. Manage a small to moderate-sized team. Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor audit team progress and manage budgets and schedules.
- Lead the successful development, management and end-to-end execution of Audit Plans; drive the development of the Annual Audit Plan. Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine audit scope and identify risks and implications. Review, finalize and deliver audit reports; communicate audit findings and develop recommendations.
- Track results of prior audits, identify audit themes across organizations and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide direct oversight of staff. Establish policies and procedures to guide the audit staff and facilitate consistent, high quality outcomes and deliverables.
- Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of industry, business and regulatory issues and Internal Audit best practices. Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Serve as primary point of contact for audit business partners and stakeholders; assume overall responsibility for relationship management for specific business areas.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing Internal Audit knowledge and best practices. Serve as Internal Audit representative for corporate-wide committees and initiatives.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- 10+ years of related experience
- 10+ years of relevant assurance or IT operations or IT risk management advisory experience is required.
- Ability to thrive in a frequently changing and unstructured environment and deal with ambiguity. Responds quickly and easily to change, considering new approaches and demonstrating comfort with unpredictable problems.
- Demonstrated experience in scoping IT related assurance and advisory engagements, leading and developing assigned team members, reviewing work quality, providing feedback, and communicating audit results and drafting reports is required.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying areas of IT risk, applying risk-based scoping, estimating level of effort, effectively articulating risk, issues and business impact is required.
- Demonstrated capabilities in auditing Agile, DevOps, Cloud, Infrastructure, Cyber and Integrated audits required.
- CISA, CISSP, CPA or CIA required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59716