Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
- Advance our mission to make homeownership and rental opportunities affordable for families across the country
- Solve complex problems that strengthen the housing finance system – and our economy as a whole
- Be part of a culture of recognition – we value our people and reward efforts that put our values in action
- Join a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive workforce to make a difference in and out of the office
Fannie Mae has multiple Credit Analyst (I, II, II) opportunities available across our Multifamily Risk Management organization at our brand-new Washington, D.C. Headquarters. Check out what life is like at Fannie Mae https://careers.fanniemae.com/main/culture
A Credit Risk Analyst (CRA) develops, recommends, and implements credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. The CRA assesses and approves credit limits and monitors credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Additionally, the CRA applies credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
**Please note that this invitation is NOT an active opening/posting. Submitting an application constitutes an expression of interest in future similar active openings at Fannie Mae. A recruiter will review your qualifications and, if an active opening becomes available in the future that meets your skill set, you may be contacted. **
- Conduct credit analyses using standard and more advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- Must be analytical and a problem solver.
- Strong process and risk management skills required.
- Strong analysis experience and attention to detail required.
- Strong project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience effectively partnering/collaborating with internal constituencies and strong interpersonal skills.
- Exercises intellectual honesty and influencing skills by identifying and presenting information or data in ways that are persuasive to others.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae's financial statements and administrative expense reporting
- Experience with credit risk analysis
- Prior experience with analytical tools such as Tableau, SQL, Alteryx a plus
- Mortgage industry experience including one or more of the following areas:
- Risk Management, Underwriting, Origination, or Asset Management
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Real Estate, or Statistics
- Preferred Years of Experience:
- Credit Risk Analyst I should possess 2+ years of relevant experience
- Credit Risk Analyst II should possess 4+ years of relevant experience
- Credit Risk Analyst III should possess 6+ years of relevant experience
The Multifamily Enterprise Risk Management team provides oversight and monitoring of the Multifamily Mortgage Business and is organized as follows:
Pricing and Acquisitions Team, responsible for assessing the credit quality on all acquisitions as well as monitoring lender risk management activities.
Portfolio Management Monitoring Team, responsible for monitoring portfolio trends and emerging risks, monitoring back-end credit risk management activities, and managing data and analytic capabilities.
Loss, Mitigation & Stress Testing, responsible for monitoring loss mitigation activities, overseeing stress testing activities, and monitoring the performance of criticized loans.
Reporting & Governance Team, responsible for managing governance framework, monitoring risk limits and thresholds, as well as managing Board and Committee reporting.
Req ID: 59650