Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes. Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Propose new risk indicators for senior staff/management approval and implementation. Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
EDUCATION Education Level Required (if any) Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any) Master, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Required (if any)
Area of Study Preferred(if any) Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE 2-4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to develop a solid working knowledge of the models & applications within FBA
- Experience with statistical modeling languages such as SASS, Python, R.
- Data Science Machine Learning technologies like SageMaker or similar is a plus.
- Ability to understand SDLC process and deliverables, agile & waterfall methodologies.
- Strong communication skills are required, to communicate clearly across a diverse audience with varying levels of business, technical, modeling and governance expertise, to clearly lay out objectives, deliver on commitments, and coordinate analytics with colleagues.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and counterparts across the organization.
- For financial team, assist with prioritizing work, creating prototypes & assist with production processing.
- Previous experience/education in financial theory, credit risk, market risk, mortgage finance and/or various technologies is beneficial.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59628