Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture. Align approach with broader architecture vision
- Lead, manage, and oversee projects, initiatives, and daily operations related to: assessing business and technology processes and functional needs for the enterprise; designing and implementing the optimal mix of system components to support the functional needs; managing the system development/enhancement lifecycle ' from business and systems requirements analysis through development; testing, quality assurance, post-deployment support, managing a portfolio of internal controls around business processes, systems, and data
- Lead, and oversee the project management lifecycle from conception through completion that includes assessing business requirements, scoping and planning projects and initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting project status, managing deliverables, and assessing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within responsible area(s).
- Researches and selects vendors regarding the development of technical solutions, as needed, in conjunction with executive management.
- Reports to executive management on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget; approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams and report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- 10+ years of enterprise experience in software engineering, architecture and Cloud Architecture
- Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of Cloud architectures, AWS Public Cloud, including professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on AWS
- Strong understanding of AWS Cloud technologies
- Experience with architecting and designing for Security Constraints, Resiliency, High-Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Scalability in context of AWS Cloud
- Experience assessing, planning, designing, and migrating/transforming legacy applications to AWS Cloud
- Understanding and experience with cloud native and Microservices-based architecture
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of API ecosystems, CI/CD and DevOps principles, and design thinking
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, and consulting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology concepts to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists
- Hands-on coding experience is an added advantage
- Extensive consulting experience is highly desirable
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59605