- Balance a strategic and operational mindset and own the Methodology & Academy product offerings that support the company’s adoption of the Enterprise Operating Model
- Manage an end-to-end view of M&A products and solutions that support the business objectives (products include: training plans, coaching tools, and evaluation of continuous improvement)
- Partner with peers to develop new products and/or features to meet business objectives
- Drive the execution of the product vision and feature definition
- Serve as M&A’s subject matter expert in Lean, Agile, and DevOps
- Provide consulting support and draft documents and coordinate deliverables
- Partner with Fannie Mae leaders to set transformation goals and drive full projects / workstreams end-to-end, including clear milestones, workstreams, and owners.
- Work closely with workstream leads to identify and solve problems critical to the transformation.
- Identify and recommend metrics that drive and measure business performance. Run complex analysis, develop recommendations, and prepare communications to transmit recommendations to senior leaders
- Monitor transformation metrics and use metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 5 - 8 years in strategy, planning, program and/or functional performance management in Lean/Agile transformations
- At least 3 years of practical exposure to designing, implementing and/or working in environments leveraging Agile and DevOps/DevSecOps mindsets, practices and ceremonies
- A product owner mindset: Balance the strategic and execution elements and be ultimately accountable for deliverables while collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of planning and execution of workstreams within digital transformation efforts and/or in Agile management contexts
- Analytical mindset: Collect data/information from multiple sources to support decision-making analysis. Experience developing recommendations for complex, ambiguous, and conceptually challenging problems by ideating, applying/developing frameworks, articulating assumptions, and highlighting tradeoffs
- Communication skills: Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate in a structured, precise and compelling manner
- Written communication skills: Proven ability to develop compelling and concise presentation materials for senior executive stakeholders in an iterative manner
- Self-renewal: Perform monthly “self assessments” against objectives; be a source of positive energy and create enthusiasm for our work to deliver results; manages professional objectives and priorities in order to achieve a healthy work/life balance
- Customer focus: Understands and anticipates customer needs and manages customer expectations (external and internal), periodically validates that customer expectations are met or exceeded; creates, communicates, and achieves results defined in clear value proposition
- Organizational skills and good judgment: Requires limited direction and supervision & proactively seeks out and takes ownership of challenging work assignments; must be both a strong individual contributor and team player, positive, flexible, and creative
- Driven: Excellent process management and planning skills and comfortable operating in a fast paced and dynamic test-and-learn environment
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at http://www.fanniemae.com
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at mailto:email@example.com
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59600