Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meeet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Computer Science or Engineering
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with industry security frameworks (ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP, NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
- Foundational and functional understanding of how API works (RESTful, SOAP)
- Understanding of API security - specifically on common controls for API security (SSO, OAuth, ODIC, Threat Protection)
- Security elements of API gateway integrations of API - WAF, Websockets
- Familiarity of Identify and Access Management - AWS IAM integrations, Ping, OKTA
- Proficiency in Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Data Modeling capabilities (SageMaker, GroundTruth, Notebooks, Snowflake)
- Experienced with Enterprise Data Classification and Data Catalogue strategies
- Exceptional experience influencing collaborating and negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in highly matrixed organization.
- Applicable security certifications desired; CISSP, CEH, GIAC, GSEC, or CSSLP or advanced degree in InfoSec.
- AWS Architecture certification (Professional preferred).
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59508