Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Are you looking to work in a relatively unexplored field with highly intelligent people while working with cutting edge technologies? The Enterprise Risk Analytics team is looking for a Data Scientist in the Midtown, DC office. One of the key projects that this person would be working on is centered around capital, which can be the least understood market in a lot of companies. There is a lot of opportunity for visibility within this team as this person would be working alongside with very senior people in the company. Who wouldn’t be interested in working on a dynamic team where everyone gets along while improving and applying machine learning skills?
Under direct supervision, uses a variety of fundamental techniques to support production of insights, new product or change recommendations, process improvement or automation, and predictive modeling. Applies basic knowledge of a variety of data mining and data analysis methods, familiarity with common large data processing techniques, computational programing capabilities, practical problem-solving skills, and an ability to articulate solutions to non-technical consumers or partners. Partners with existing data engineering and data management teams. Applies data mining techniques to external or created data sources in preparation for analysis or use of enterprise data assets.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Gathers general information about needs and current capabilities, data availability and alternative uses from product/business owners, data engineers, and platform teams.
- Evaluates and recommends modifications to statistical modeling capabilities as appropriate
- Builds upon basic predictive analytic capabilities to enhance the delivery of business applications to support the integration of data and statistical models or algorithms. Applies industry standard practices in research and testing to product development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Partners with more experienced staff to design modeling applications that support risk measurement, financial valuation, decision making, and business performance.
- Partners with more experienced staff to design data visualizations, technical documentation and non-technical presentation material to communicate ideas and solutions to business partners.
EDUCATION Education Level Required (if any) Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
Master's, PhD, or other advanced degree
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods techniques, such as regression, and Supervised Machine Learning methods strongly preferred.
- Programming experience with data gathering and analytics packages such as: R or Python and machine learning required
- Strong analytics skills, able to assess business need, define an analytic solution, and execute using analytics that range from excel tables - to statistical or machine learning analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with technical writing preferred and track-record for strong presentations skills a plus
- Experience with operational and capital risk analytics and models a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59506