Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Staff assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would trigger disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of units whose operational risk is tracked to understand operational processes and to identify likely intersections, handoffs, bottlenecks and access points where operational risk is greater. Establish metrics for the business unit.
- Establish standards and methodology for staff to use in assessing, measuring, and reporting operational risk. Assign and prioritize work to staff according to corporate standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assess proprietary applications developed for staff to use in aggregating, analyzing, and assessing operational risk in the course of studying assigned units. Suggest business or system requirements to technical staff for refinements of these applications.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of assessments or reports for business unit management, division or corporate management. Suggest adaptations to operational risk assessment tools, policies, or procedures based on current empirical data.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s preferred, in Accounting, Business, Economics, or IT/IS
8-10 years of related experience to include experience with a large, complex financial institution, ideally with a background in Operational Risk.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience managing internal loss data program, inclusive of oversight activities/requirements, establishing guidelines and data capture requirements
- Experience and knowledge of US regulatory requirements for sound operational risk management (e.g. OCC Heightened Expectations, FRB LFI Guidance)
- Experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to function effectively at all levels of the organization in a highly complex business environment, dealing with competing priorities
- Experience with the preparation and delivery of presentations to senior executives
- Implement specific activities as defined within the multi-year second-line risk management framework to ensure effective management of operational risks across business units.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59492