Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
As a Financial Reporting Analyst you will apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to consolidating and preparing financial information to support SEC and other external reporting as well as internal management analytics. You will partner and work collaboratively with your team and business customers to analyze results and provide meaningful insights for leadership across the organization. As accounting and regulatory policy changes and/or new products are established, you will work with various business partners to establish the proper accounting as well as disclosures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Acting in a reviewer capacity, perform accounting, control, and financial reporting for responsible areas. Understand and execute controls to ensure that financial results are accurate, complete and timely. Compile, review, and analyze financial information.
- Support the timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual reports on SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, including the drafting of MD&A language, preparation and review of financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures in accordance with regulations.
- Seek ways to improve our process and implement such changes.
- Conduct research, analyses and design new reports as needed.
- Check data for reasonableness by reviewing past trends and changing conditions and by analyzing results against monthly forecasts. Analyze and explain variances. Provide early warning indicators to management. Recommend and monitor corrective actions.
- May document processes by writing specifications or requirements.
- May perform complex financial reporting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- May train staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Accounting, Business or Finance degree preferred
- 4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Financial Reporting experience to include SEC reporting, SEC filings, investor relations and/or accounting
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements - Regulation S-K, S-X, and Article 9
- Ability to lead a team on a process or project independently
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement and redesign
- Strong communication skills verbally and written with the ability to interact with employees at all levels, including senior leadership
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data
- Flexibility to take on new or additional assignments or be able to adapt to changes in the current processes or environment to meet the organization’s changing needs.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies as it relates to Financial Reporting
- CPA or CPA in process
- IPO experience
- Big 4 or CPA Firm experience or public company SEC reporting experience
- Prior experience with Excel, Anaplan, Workiva and/or Tableau
- Knowledge or experience in the Mortgage or Financial Services industry
- Understanding of design thinking methodology and approach
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59425