Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Under the integrated technology function within Risk Management, the Enterprise Data Management Specialist provides counsel on governance, risk management activities, and project management across Fannie Mae?s second-line of defense Data, Technology, Cybersecurity, and Resiliency (DTCR) Risk Management program. The incumbent will provide effective oversight and challenge of risk management activities. This position is responsible for cross-functional technology-related initiatives for risk oversight, identification, assessment, and monitoring.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement, maintain, and oversee an effective Data Management risk management framework. Leverage knowledge of the mortgage industry, mortgage product types and mortgage securitization to ensure effective management of risk associated with Data Management.
- Actively identify, assess, respond and escalate risks associated with Data Management as appropriate. Identify gaps and inform solutions identified resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors associated with Data Management. Understand, adhere to and bolster Data Management risk governance across the Data Ecosystem including the implementation of the three lines of defense model.
- Inform policies, standards and procedures for Data Management across the Data Ecosystem to maximize efficiency and minimize risk exposure. Regarding Data Oversight across the Data Ecosystem, directly confer with business unit staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify problem drivers and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- Leads project and risk management-related activities that provide horizontal support across the Data, Technology, Cyber, and Resiliency (DTCR) risk domains. Serve as a liaison with risk partners and other second-line enterprise risk management functions to drive meaningful technology-risk reductions and escalation of risks, as needed.
- Partner with second-line risk management functions to help ensure proper execution of established frameworks, policies, standards, strategies (including risk appetite, RCSA). Comprehensively assess risks and gather insights from issues and events across technology business areas to provide an aggregated risk assessment.
- Design, implement, and/or influence internal governance processes (includes reporting, issue management, policy/standard review, risk identification, risk assessments, and risk monitoring). Manages use of tools by which Data Management risk owners identify new, top, emerging, or changing risks stemming from business activities or external events. Tools include Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA), risk opinions for Key Business Decisions (KBD), and Top Risk Identification in accordance with policies and standards.
- Confer with first-line management and risk partners to assess technology capabilities, analyzing processes, and risk exposure to drive the implementation of appropriate risk management controls across the Data Ecosystem.
- Review technology and risk management processes; examine documentation and flow to identify ways to improve and streamline risk mitigation processes.
- Participate in presentations and workshop sessions on Data Management risk management activities, process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control, and mitigation.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of reports. This also includes developing, contributing to, and monitoring metrics and reporting (e.g., management reporting, internal reporting, etc.).
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Certified Risk Management Professional, Certified Internal Auditor Certified Information Security Manager, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Data Management Professional, Certified Business Continuity Auditor
- 8+ years of related Data and Operational Risk management or 1st line technology delivery experience in one or more of the following domains: data, cyber security, application development and operations, infrastructure, cloud, resiliency Relevant work within a financial services, capital markets, insurance organization or in a data focused role within a regulatory organization
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Govern enterprise data across a data ecosystem, metadata management, reference data and master data management, data architecture, data warehousing & business intelligence management, data operations Excellent communication skills, goal-oriented mindset, strong analytical skills, project management skills
- Implement, maintain, and oversee an effective Data Management risk management framework.
- Actively identify, assess, respond and escalate risks associated with Data Management as appropriate.
- Identify gaps and inform solutions identified resulting from inadequate internal processes
- Understand, adhere to and bolster Data Management risk governance across the Data Ecosystem including the implementation of the three lines of defense model.
- Inform policies, standards and procedures for Data Management across the Data Ecosystem to maximize efficiency and minimize risk exposure.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59398