Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Who we are - The Product Management team within Single Family Digital Products is responsible for assessing emerging trends in customer needs, technologies, potential partnerships and building digital products - that could transform the way we,and our customers, do business. We are a team of customer centric product managers, engineers, designers, data scientists, strategists and business people. The team is thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class digital solutions for our customers.
Why join - This is a fascinating time as new technologies and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services, as well as, our interactions with customers are increasingly going digital. At present, it is a cliché that incumbents have to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We are already bought into this and are committed to show that we can do it and are looking for others to join.
We are looking for an outstanding entrepreneurial Product Director with experience building and scaling an ecosystem of digital products across Web, Mobile and API channels from concept to delivery in a B2B2C ecosystem. This position is full-time and based at our Washington DC or Reston VA offices. You will work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: Finance and Technology. You will interact with other high-performing teams to inspire innovation and champion change throughout Fannie Mae. You are highly motivated, resilient and outcomes-oriented. In the end, what matters to us is that when something needs to get done, people come to you to get it done.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative products
- Prioritize needs and investments in our digital capabilities based upon sales and relationship insight, competitive positioning, industry research and regulatory requirements
- Organize, research and analyze customer needs to build product roadmap. Bridge the technical and business worlds, ensuring we are building the right products with a combination of vision, market/user/competitor research and usage metrics
- Champion product discipline across our digital capabilities and assist in training, tooling and motivating colleagues in the art of product management
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus amongst a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, legal & compliance, marketing & sales on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and drive measurable adoption
- Navigate a matrixed organization and influence peers by articulating the product offering and value to business partners. Present ideas and proposals to senior business and technical leaders
- Execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
- Influence and drive delivery across virtual teams of world-class engineers and designers outside of the direct reporting line
- Understand Fannie Mae’s strategic and competitive position and our customer’s business model to deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Document existing workflows, analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities
- Be customer centric and design-led with a commercial mindset
- Have a view on what it takes to build a scalable Digital Platform, shared components and services that can serve multiple distribution channels
- Be a team player and can roll your sleeves up when you need to, and also are able to lead and influence product conversations with all involved parties
- Be responsible for professional growth of direct reports and junior colleagues through assignment, mentoring, or training
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred
Technology discipline is a plus
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Have end to end experience in delivering multiple digital products from conception to launch
- Business experience managing complex technology projects and transformation initiatives in a regulated industry
- Strong background in technology application management, business rules management, business/technology strategy and demonstrated knowledge of SDLC standards and tools
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex applications and delivering complex transformation projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- A team player with a collaborative working style and a willingness to contribute to all aspects of team's work product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to create an atmosphere of shared purpose and fosters an environment of creativity in solving business problems; and exhibits good business judgment in assessing which creative ideas/suggestions will work
- You are preferably a Markets/Financial products expert who understands the mortgage technology service provider ecosystem or have a good foundation in mortgage finance with the curiosity to quickly pick up subject matter expertise on a specific product set
- You have a passion for technology and are not a stranger to cloud, microservices, design thinking, data based decision making etc.. A demonstrable passion for FinTech is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59366