Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Customer Experience Design (CXD) team members are responsible for researching customer needs, ideating solutions to those needs, and giving form to the experience solution through content strategies and user interface designs. CXD team members are also responsible for sharing human-centered design techniques and methodologies across the Fannie Mae organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create experience design deliverables including: user flows, wireframes, high fidelity design comps, clickable prototypes
- Assist with the creation, validation and use of personas, service blueprints and customer journey maps for digital product scrum teams. Attend agile rituals including: stand-ups, sprint demos, sprint and product increment planning, and retrospectives with scrum team. Work directly with product owners, engineers, scrum masters, agile coaches, QA testers and other stakeholders to effectively deliver experiences
- Observe and document user interviews and usability testing sessions. Assist with research synthesis. Understand Design Thinking techniques and assist in evangelizing the practice. Always advocate on the behalf of the user or customer to produce an optimal experience
- Exhibit a deep understanding of Lean Start-Up and Agile / Scrum methodology and guide stakeholders on how best to integrate Design Thinking techniques into other methodologies
- Facilitate workshops for product and technology stakeholders to generate ideas or solve other problems creatively
- Conduct user interviews and usability sessions. Review and help to improve the deliverables created by junior design practitioners. Effectively present experience design research and solutions to senior stakeholders
- Serve as team, project or subject matter expert in defining the approach to experience design work with key stakeholders
- Exhibit thought leadership on experience design patterns, trends and methodologies
- Ensure that the needs of the user, customer or other actor is included in product roadmap planning
- Effectively create a future state vision for the experience and influence the direction of product intent
Education Level Required (if any)
- 4-6 years
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Professional Experience working within both waterfall and Agile/SCRUM methodologies
• Expertise in building interactive prototypes to illustrate your own UX & UI design for web sites and mobile apps using modern technologies (ex. InVision, Figma, Webflow, Adobe XD, etc.)
• Fluency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Experience creating UX products for desktop and mobile platforms
• Knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles and techniques
• Advanced skill with information architecture, workflows, concept development and interaction design
• Analytical evaluation of existing user experiences and identification reports on areas for improvement
• Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions
• Understanding of business design and its application in driving business innovation
• Pragmatic and passionate to make things people use everyday
• The ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
• Always eager to learn and to share knowledge; open to feedback from your team to benefit project development
• The ability to deal with pressure within a fast-paced environment
• A background working directly with developers for the implementation of designs
• An excellent communicator (verbally and written) – a storyteller - capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59327