Are you interested in joining an innovative team working alongside highly intelligent individuals? Are you interested in using modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units? The Capital Markets Technology team in the Herndon, VA area is looking for a Software Engineer II to collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. This person will be responsible for participating in most or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Intermediate proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Intermediate proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Intermediate proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Intermediate proficiency in applying behavior-driven testing techniques.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Business or Computer Science
2-4 years of related experience
- 4+ yrs of UI development experience in AngularJS
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Experience with RESTful services
- Familiar with testing frameworks (Ex. Jasmine)and Test runner framework (Ex. Karma)
- Hand on implementation experience of developing complex AngularJS applications, directives, controllers, services
- Familiarity with microservice architecture – how to build and integrate into front end Primarily Angular, general UI development, UX, design thinking, personal driven UX design,
- Experience working on Micro-frontend development
- Experience with the use of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson, etc) and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc).
- Experience with the use of Agile practices/methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, etc)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59324