Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Who we are - The Product Management team within Single Family Digital Products is responsible for assessing emerging trends in customer needs, technologies, potential
partnerships and building digital products - that could transform the way we,
and our customers, do business. We are a team of customer centric product owners, analysts, engineers, designers, data scientists, strategists and business people. The team is thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class digital solutions for our customers.
Why join - This is a fascinating time as new technologies and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services, as well as, our interactions with customers are increasingly going digital. At present, it is a cliché that incumbents have to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We are already bought into this and are committed to show that we can do it and are looking for others to join.
We are looking for an outstanding entrepreneurial Product Analyst with experience building and scaling an ecosystem of integrated digital products across multiple platforms. This position is full-time and based at our Reston VA offices. You will work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: Finance and Technology. You will interact with other high-performing teams to inspire innovation and champion change throughout Fannie Mae. You are highly motivated, resilient and outcomes-oriented. In the end, what matters to us is that when something needs to get done, people come to you to get it done.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support Product Owners/Product Analysts in refining MVPs, Product backlog maintenance, acceptance criteria and managing plans, issues and risks
- Navigate a matrixed organization and influence peers by articulating the product offering and value to both technical and business partners.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and drive measurable adoption. Develop queries, analyses, or reports to support business needs, with a focus on data-driven insight synthesis
- Define test scenarios, participate in test execution and/or facilitate customer testing through test & learn development iterations.
- Be customer centric and design-led with a commercial mindset
- Be a team player and can roll your sleeves up when you need to, while also being able to lead and influence product conversations with cross-functional business or technical teams
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex applications and delivering complex transformation projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
2-4 years of experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Lead in feature and user story grooming. Collaborate with key business stakeholders, process owners, end-users, development squads, and product leadership to gather, analyze and validate business requirements
- Deep experience with Salesforce.com, including integration between different business systems and APIs.
- Experience documenting product specs in Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, etc.), including data architecture, process maps, procedure diagrams, and data flows.
- Understand Fannie Mae’s strategic and competitive position and our customer’s business model to deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Assist in production issues/incident triage resolution. Monitor product performance and legal compliance. Monitor and track regulatory mandate compliance and/or adoption readiness
- Document existing workflows, analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, business process owners, technical project managers and technical teams to execute business analysis tasks
Req ID: 59319