Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
- Conduct credit analyses using standard and more advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Areas of preferred study Economics, Finance, Real Estate or Statistics
- 2 – 4 years of related experience
- Basic understanding of the mortgage industry and the role that the Government Sponsored Enterprises play
- Mastery of tools to analyze risk attributes and strong ability to communicate findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough data analysis of risk attributes and communicate findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated risk management knowledge/experience with credit risk analysis, transaction management, counter party risk management, and operational risk management
- Sound credit judgment and decision making ability
- Understanding of Fannie Mae Selling Guidelines including a working knowledge of credit policy issues.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59316