Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Preferred areas of study Economics, Finance, Real Estate or Statics
- 4 – 6 years of related experience
- At least 3-5 years of cross functional project management experience with demonstrated success in the FNMA environment or GSE or similar.
- Experience with holistic risk management preferred (operational, financial, credit, headline, technology, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop dashboards and TPRM or similar/business reporting.
- Process design/process refinement experience.
- Experience of functional knowledge of corporate governance, legal and regulatory compliance and/or industry practices a plus.
- Strong executive level presentation skills with customer service orientation.
- Strong communication (verbal and written).
- Entrepreneur spirit (creative and innovative).
- Mental agility and highly efficient in unstructured and fast paced environment.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59258